Hmm, I've given all of this a bit more thought.  Perhaps there is a need for
a "simple" schema that is easy for people to populate and utilise.  I'm
quite happy with hstore, but it's not as simple for those familiar with
basic SQL.

The original reason I created the so-called simple schema was to support
improved bounding box functionality because I couldn't do it via flat files
efficiently.  It was called "simple" because I was also working on a full
history schema that I never found time to complete.  My intent has always
been to optimise for accurate bounding box query performance and not
simplicity so the name is something of a misnomer.

Anyway, perhaps I should re-instate the old tasks and run them alongside the
new ones.  I'll have to re-think the naming of these tasks and schemas.
Perhaps "simple" and "snapshot" or something ...

But I don't know when I'll get to do this.  I'm very time poor at the
moment.