On 12/19/06, Rahul Akolkar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 12/17/06, Wendy Smoak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 12/16/06, Rahul Akolkar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Sounds like reasonable things to do :-) We even have a staging repo
> > defined in the master pom (thanks Wendy) which we should use for this.
>
> By default if the version doesn't end in -SNAPSHOT, the artifacts will
> end up in http://people.apache.org/builds/shale/m2-staging-repository.

<snip/>

Ah, thats confirmation for one of my questions in the master pom thread.

> Because each release needs to be staged separately, the entire
> directory should be moved elsewhere sooner or later.  I'd suggest
> moving it underneath wherever you're staging the assemblies for the
> vote.

<snap/>

That directory (the staging repo) seems currently empty (has some
directories, but they are empty). Maybe I will clean it for good
measure before I start with the master pom (if I have the Unix perms).
We'll probably move it to the ~ where any assemblies get posted.

> One other thing... I think we'll need to branch for releases.
> Continuum [1] is building from the trunk, so changing the version
> number to a non-snapshot will cause it to build and deploy those jars
> to the staging repo based on the configuration in the pom.
>
> Sounds like we need a 1.0 branch in any case, so this shouldn't be an
issue.

<snip/>

OK, if everyone's fine with that, I will create the 1.0 branch (called
SHALE_1_0_x unless there are better suggestions) when we get closer to
the release (after all 1.0.4-SNAP issues are resolved and the master
pom is released etc.)

I would have a mild preference for naming the branch SHALE_1_0 but I'm not
going to choke if we go with what you proposed either.  I'm also presuming
we'll create a tag (SHALE_1_0_4) at the appropriate time.

-Rahul

Craig

[1] http://myfaces.zones.apache.org:8080/continuum/servlet/continuum