On Dec 20, 2006, at 7:54 PM, Wendy Smoak wrote:

On 12/20/06, Craig McClanahan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 12/20/06, Greg Reddin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> So the first thing we'd do when we decide to release is - after
> finishing up business - start a branch for the release. Then we work > up the release process in the branch. Once the release is ready and
> voted on, we cut a tag from the branch and roll the release.  Does
> that sound reasonably close to what you have in mind? :-)

Yep.  Two other notes:

Unless we're going to vote twice, the vote comes after "tag and roll
the release".  (It has to exist before we can vote on it.  This is
related to release staging, where we tag and build the release, then
put it somewhere temporarily for examination and the vote.)

That makes sense.

Greg