Hi René,

I'm sorry that this has been your experience.  Please don't interpret the
slow-moving process as a lack of appreciation for the work you've done.  It
is very much appreciated, I promise you.

Given the state of the patch and the conversation on the review, I think we
need to just get this committed so that work can continue in smaller, more
manageable chunks.

For my own part, I'll aim to play around with things over the upcoming long
weekend here in the states.

Thanks,
-Stanton