On 14/06/2013 08:54, Romain Manni-Bucau wrote:
that's what we do in TomEE but i don't get how a SCI (order is not
deterministic IIRC) can solve the issue.

You have yet to articulate exactly what the issue is.

You are correct that SCI processing order is not fully deterministic.

Container SCIs are under the control of the container so can be processed in any order the container sees fit so that part can be deterministic.

Application SCIs do not have an order defined. If that is a problem, raise it with the EG. I'd suggest the simple solution (which Tomcat already implements) is to treat JARs without a fragment as if it contains an empty fragment and then process SCIs in the same order as fragments are processed.