From: martin.hollmic...@sun.com [mailto:martin.hollmic...@sun.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 07, 2009 8:20 AM
To: dev@tools.openoffice.org
Subject: [tools-dev] requirements for a Windows build bot and cws box

All,

I got a request to do some funding for a Windows build bot (to be funded
be the OOo project, not by Sun as my mail adress suggest). build bots
are now integrated in the EIS and are of invaluable help for development
and QA.

I can think of several scenarios:

minimal buildbot: a virtual windows (home) instance on some already
existent hardware plus a MS Compiler professional license (estimated
cost: ca. 1000 € once).

fast build bot: windows box on bare iron or virtualized in a hosting
center with good bandwidth for providing install sets (my estimated
extra costs: ca. 1200 € per year extra)

fast developer machine: windows server allowing up to five 5 users,
allowing remove building and debugging for developers with no windows
access, several build bot instances (i have no real idea for the
estimated hosting and license costs).

Two questions:

* what are our real demands and requirement for such a thing.
* is there anyone volunteering for collecting real prices and costs for
the various scenarios and maintaining the resulting setup ?

Martin