Herter, S. wrote:
If you are going to do the build bot as a virtual machine, would it be possible
to make the VM image(s) available to third parties?
In theory this should be possible if you have the required licenses for those images. But I personally have not enough knowledge about the MS technologies if it is possible to ensure that an valid license will be verified for those images. Maybe some expert is around who is able to answer this question ?!
We redistribute OpenOffice with our product unmodified.  We download a copy of
the source for the version we are redistributing so that we can be in
compliance with the licensing.  Back when 2.x first shipped we tried to get a
Windows build going but not having someone who could devote full time to it we
spent months working on it off and on but never got it working.  It would be a
huge help to small companies like us if we could download a VM image of a build
environment we could use to build OpenOffice.  That way we can be sure that the
source we have matches the version we are redistributing.  Having a build
environment we could work with locally would also make it easier to try and fix
any problems we find on our own rather than file a bug report and pray.

Thanks.

Martin