Some more -subjetive- feeback :

I really prefer the T of the first version - much softer and lighter.
And colors were good. Sthing very heavy in the second proposal, whereas
the first one recalls me of sthing inbetween of a conceptual
contemporary art artefact and a glass of wine... necessarily
sympatico... subjective, I told you... what about working around the
first proposal in the way I suggest here (only poorly crafted by means
of ugly cuts and pastes from you image):

http://people.apache.org/~cbrisson/ApacheVelocityTools.png

   Claude