> If someone (Frank?) is up to helping me a bit this weekend, how about
> putting our beta 5 this weekend. The reason is selfish: we
> (Teachscape) are gonna do a big release this weekend, I just fixed an
> issue I need, and I also would like to use the memory improvements,
> but I don't want to fix on a SNAPSHOT. But it's also a practice round
> to see whether we can release more often.
>
> WDYT?

Turned out I've been to busy myself to prepare a release. Sorry about
the noise. For the record - and in reaction of what some people said
on this thread -, I'm all for starting RC soon. I do think we should
first clear the database of any currently known bugs, unless they are
*really* trivial (i.e. acceptable workarounds exists). Someone (or
some) should go through the list, assign versions and determine
whether it is a valid bug or something else (improvement/ feature
request). I think we can bump most feature requests/ improvements to
1.4 and focus on working towards a final release.

Eelco