I'm not sure that tryig to detect if it exists before truncating the string is a good
idea - what if someone sends binary content that ends with a 0 byte ?

> The subsequent sms push problem I was
> having was a
> user issued involving experimental coding parameters ...
>
> Oded, are you suggesting that gsm_to_latin1 conversion take place only
> when data_coding == 0x01 or when != 0x01 (Am I readin the
> specs wrong or
> 0x01 Ascii?). ie:

ok - my mistake, according to the specs, it should be
      if (  pdu->u.deliver_sm.data_coding == 0x00 )
        charset_gsm_to_latin1(msg->sms.msgdata);

yes - I'm aware that this does not solve your problem, but SMPP servers send GSM 7 bit
alphabet encoded messages using data_coding 0x00.

--
Oded Arbel
m-Wise mobile solutions

+972-9-9581711 (116)
+972-67-340014

::..
"They're unfriendly, which is fortunate, really.  They'd be difficult to like."
        -- Avon