Yes, it is with one of the latest versions. -r 5148 to be exact.

We expect that it has to do with slow responses to submit_sm pdu’s.

== Rene

Van: Alexander Malysh [mailto:malys...@gmail.com] Namens amal...@kannel.org
Verzonden: zondag 25 oktober 2015 1:05
Aan: Rene Kluwen <rene.klu...@chimit.nl>
CC: devel@kannel.org
Onderwerp: Re: Throughput discussion

Hi Rene,

is this with a new version of Kannel?

Alex

Am 23.10.2015 um 23:19 schrieb Rene Kluwen <rene.klu...@chimit.nl
<mailto:rene.klu...@chimit.nl> >:

We are facing a case with the smpp smsc where throughput is set to 20.

Kannel obeys this nicely, according to it’s own message count.

But viewing a tcpdump of the same session, we see that there’s a lot more
messages going out the pipe; like 30 or more.

So Kannel doesn’t seem to count the throughput correctly. This causes
throttling errors, which of course we don’t want. It stalls the throughput of
the entire batch.

The questions:

1: Has anybody seen this behaviour before?

2: When is a message “counted” for? Is it upon sending a submit_sm or when
receiving the submit_sm_resp?

== Rene