On Wed, 4 Apr 2018, 21:28 Adam Williamson, <adamw...@fedoraproject.org>
wrote:

> On Wed, 2018-04-04 at 10:51 -0700, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> > On 04/04/2018 10:46 AM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> > > On 04/04/2018 09:21 AM, James Hogarth wrote:
> > >
> > > ...snip...

> course
> local)

> work.
> > >
> > > Yeah, you would need to set ansible_python_interpreter for localhost,
> > > which you could add to your command line with -e...
> > > -e 'ansible_python_interpreter=/usr/bin/python3'
> >
> > Or, actually:
> >
> > yum install ansible-python3 python-firewall
> > ansible localhost -m firewalld
> >
> > (since ansible-python3 defaults to python3 for the control
> host/localhost)
>
> This rather begs the question of whether there are any modules which
> only work *with python 2*, though...
> --
> Adam Williamson
> Fedora QA Community Monkey
> IRC: adamw | Twitter: AdamW_Fedora | XMPP: adamw AT happyassassin . net
> http://www.happyassassin.net

The ansible guys might know... or might not really tbh which is why the
current documentation upstream still declares it a technology preview.

The test coverage is growing there but not massively comprehensive... and
tbh I expect the greater problem will be random galaxy stuff or local
plugins and modules people have written.

It's going to be a very disruptive change in F29 as it is... to the extent
I might start directing people to use the upstream ansible repos directly
if they don't change there.

I'm honestly looking to the py2 drop in F30 as a necessary evil but one I'm
looking at with intense trepidation.