On 04/06/22 06:17, Ian Laurie wrote:
Is anyone else seeing crashes and other strange events in VirtualBox 6.1.34 (from RPMFusion) with Linux guests when the Linux host is running Fedora 36 with kernel-5.17.12?
[...]
(3) Xfce... if you run updates, a lot of the downloads have hashes that don't match, requiring re-download.  This happens in Cinnamon also.

Hi Ian.

Well, just yesterday a colleague of mine showed me something very similar, but the environment was quite different from yours:
* VirtualBox 6.1.4 running on Windows 10
* Ubuntu 20.04 as guest
* I don't remember the Ubuntu kernel version: it should be 5.4.x but the backport repository were enabled, so I don't know it was something newer.

What I've seen:
* "apt update" reported a lot of hash mismatch
* debsums reported some files with hash changed, but different runs showed different file.

For me the problem now looks gone but I'm not sure what was the cause.
I'm not a VirtualBox expert but I believe the problem stemmed from it, from one of its driver. I've updated Windows 10, updated vbox to 6.1.34 but I think that the real solution was or the guest poweroff/poweron cycle or the Windows 10 reboot. In other words I think was some VirtualBox driver misbehaving.

Cesare.