Il 30/01/24 13:47, Sérgio Basto ha scritto:
> Link to the FESCo ticket: https://pagure.io/fesco/issue/3165
>
> and I'm very upset

I tried to read all the backward discussion and, if I'm correct, the
point is that having the -x11 packages in Fedora official repositories
would make "official" that KDE maintainers would have to avoid breaking
those packages when making upgrades and so that would need more work.
Their proposal to have the -x11 packages in a specific COPR repository,
which wouldn't be official, would avoid that extra work, which was one
of the reason because they decided to drop X11.

The COPR solution seems better for me for both parties: kde-sig folks
wouldn't have to bother with X11 anymore, while -x11 maintainers could
avoid unexpected breakage by bumping Epoch of the package in COPR and
rebuild the full KDE Plasma stack there.

However, if the breakage could happen only one way, e.g. a KDE Plasma
update will possibly break -x11 packages, but no -x11 package could
break the "official" Wayland implementation, I'm for allowing the -x11
packages in the main repos. I see no other reason why FESCO should block
-x11 packages in the main repo, if a software is under an allowed
license and doesn't harm the main system we should not refuse its packaging.

Mattia