So, if you all don't mind, I'd like to steer this discussion in a slightly
different way:

What *is* the definition of a Fedora Change Proposal?

I was under the impression it was an announcement of intent by the
maintainers of a specific subset of the fedora project to "change"
something. Once said announcement has been discussed publicly, Fesco (Sorry
if the capitals are incorrect) discusses it internally (albeit, publicly)
and either blocks or approves the change, making it official.

*(Please note: The following paragraphs will use "we" as a pronoun which is
intended to be the Fedora project as a whole)*

Once approved, we announced our intent to drop X11 from the KDE spin of
Fedora. That announcement has gained traction everywhere, got publicized
and everything. As Neal Gompa also stated, it has already caused some
substantial development effort upstream to effectively iron out the rough
edges of many of the problems, with what I assume is more to come.

My fear is that, while those x11 libraries/runtimes/... *would* indeed no
longer be maintained by the KDE sig, we would basically just be partially
rolling back that initial proposal. And the quality of said packages would
also maybe suffer from them being updated separately, which might also
reflect poorly on us (*again, in this context, "us" = the Fedora Project)*.

It would also introduce a precedent: What if later a proposal is made to
remove some old drivers from, let's say, the kernel, and someone decides to
package it, undermining the general efforts of that proposal?

Hopefully I'm making sense. Writing this 30mins after waking up might not
have helped. What I'm trying to say basically is, I get that for some
legacy nvidia users the Wayland experience may not be optimal. But will it
*ever* be? Does that mean we can never drop x11? Will anyone ever update
those legacy nvidia drivers? *Could they be?*