On Thu, 2024-02-01 at 07:08 -0500, Steve Cossette wrote:
> So, if you all don't mind, I'd like to steer this discussion in a
> slightly different way:
>
> What is the definition of a Fedora Change Proposal?

Proposal was not accepted by many members of the community try accept
that .

> I was under the impression it was an announcement of intent by the
> maintainers of a specific subset of the fedora project to "change"
> something. Once said announcement has been discussed publicly, Fesco
> (Sorry if the capitals are incorrect) discusses it internally
> (albeit, publicly) and either blocks or approves the change, making
> it official.
>
> (Please note: The following paragraphs will use "we" as a pronoun
> which is intended to be the Fedora project as a whole)
>
> Once approved, we announced our intent to drop X11 from the KDE spin
> of Fedora. That announcement has gained traction everywhere, got
> publicized and everything. As Neal Gompa also stated, it has already
> caused some substantial development effort upstream to effectively
> iron out the rough edges of many of the problems, with what I assume
> is more to come.
>
> My fear is that, while those x11 libraries/runtimes/... would indeed
> no longer be maintained by the KDE sig, we would basically just be
> partially rolling back that initial proposal. And the quality of said
> packages would also maybe suffer from them being updated separately,
> which might also reflect poorly on us (again, in this context, "us" =
> the Fedora Project).

First, KDE SIG people are not the only persons that support and
maintain KDE , I'm maintainer of smb4k , kdenlive, kwave , smplayer and
more packages related with KDE and Qt .

The problem is not KDE SIG not support X11, the problem is KDE SIG want
drop X11 and force user to use wayland .

The other problem is not reach to an agreement with some members of KDE
SIG , which they think that can impose his decisions .

--
Sérgio M. B.