On 2024-02-06 8:20 a.m., Roberto Ragusa wrote:
On 2/3/24 22:11, pgnd wrote:
Is there a way to see what gaps remain, which ones are being worked on, and which ones
will be declared "not a gap - won't fix"?

I have a list of things I'm tracking. I've been reluctant to publish
it because people will think that it's some kind of "general Wayland
tracker" since I have no influence or impact on GNOME Wayland (which
is the one most people are concerned about).

a not authoritative, but informative list for KDE + Wayland 'gaps' & issues, from community,

     https://community.kde.org/Plasma/Wayland_Known_Significant_Issues

Wow, that really lowers my desire to attempt to use Wayland for KDE.

first line: "Save session doesn't work under Wayland"

after many other opened-for-years things I see:

"Window shading not supported for Wayland windows"

with no solution after 7 years.

Regards.

To be fair, I see alot of projects that I filled tickets for have tickets open for years, that's not uncommon.

And many people want the feature that allows to save sessions, for KDE I believe we call that Session Restore, or Resuming session.

But to be fair as well, that doesn't exist on Windows (Windows can reopen the programs you are working on but it doesn't save what you were doing) and MacOS "kinda" has it? But if I remember well it had it's own share of issues.

Xorg I've been told has it, but each program has to support it.