On Fri, 2024-03-01 at 07:54 +0100, Ralf Corsépius wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I intend to update gumbo-parser to 0.12.1 in rawhide.
> This comes along with an soname bump libgumbo to libgumbo.so.2
>
> This requires a rebuilt of several dependent packages, AFAICT:
> claws-mail
> litehtml
> mupdf
> perl-HTML-Gumbo
> python3-PyMuPDF
> qpdfview
> zathura-pdf-mupdf
>
> I'll try to rebuild these packages on side-tag f41-build-side-84865
> (Please, bear with me, I haven't used side-tags, before. I couldn't find
> any usable docs on how to use them)

Thanks for trying! This doc should be pretty good:
https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/package-maintainers/Package_Update_Guide/#_side_tags
I have an active PR to revise that page a bit, but it doesn't change
much about the side tag instructions themselves.

One neat thing I found out while working on various docs around this
today is that you can use `fedpkg chain-build --target (side tag name)`
to do a chain build to a side tag. I haven't tried it, but it ought to
work fine. So, just create your side tag, wait for it to exist, run the
chain-build, and if it all goes OK, create the update from the side
tag.

I think it'd make sense these days for `fedpkg chain-build` to
*default* to creating a new side tag and doing the builds there
automatically (and then maybe creating an update when they're all
done), so I filed https://pagure.io/fedpkg/issue/540 for that.
--
Adam Williamson (he/him/his)
Fedora QA