Am 01.03.24 um 10:29 schrieb Michael J Gruber:
Am Fr., 1. März 2024 um 10:19 Uhr schrieb Ralf Corsépius <rc040...@freenet.de>:

Am 01.03.24 um 09:34 schrieb Michael J Gruber:
Am Fr., 1. März 2024 um 07:55 Uhr schrieb Ralf Corsépius <rc040...@freenet.de>:

Hi,

I intend to update gumbo-parser to 0.12.1 in rawhide.
This comes along with an soname bump libgumbo to libgumbo.so.2

This requires a rebuilt of several dependent packages, AFAICT:
claws-mail
litehtml
mupdf
perl-HTML-Gumbo
python3-PyMuPDF
qpdfview
zathura-pdf-mupdf

This was the list of packages depending on gumbo for f39.

In rawhide, for reasons, I don't know, python3-PyMuPDF and
python3-PyMuPDF do not seem to depend on gumbo, anymore.

Grr, this was meant to be "python3-PyMuPDF and zathura-pdf-mupdf".

I'll try to rebuild these packages on side-tag f41-build-side-84865
(Please, bear with me, I haven't used side-tags, before. I couldn't find
any usable docs on how to use them)

Preliminary tests indicate, something unrelated to libgumbo.so.* has
changed with these packages (Probably mupdf), causing gpdfview to FTBFS
and dependency changes in rawhide.

Interesting. I wasn't aware of that dependency - I guess I have to
re-run detection more often.

The version of mupdf in rawhide seems to have dropped libmupdf-third,
which seems to be the origin of qpdfview's FTBFS.

I don't know, if this change is intentional or happened by accident.

Yes, that is what I had tried to explain. mupdf still depends on
tesseract, gumbo etc, but packages depending on mupdf do not need to
build against those, only against mupdf, unless they require the other
ones directly, of course.

I have a working local mockbuild for qpdfview now.
Me too ;-)

Removing all references to -lmupad-third from qpdfview.spec was sufficient to work-around the FTBFS.

BTW: f40 also is affected by the FTBFS.

How do you test the
fitz plugin?

No idea. All I did was to address the FTBFS ;)

(BTW: qpdfview needs to remove deprecated patchN, too.)
I know ;)

I would suggest you to  apply your patches to qpdfview to rawhide, ASAP?
I'd then pick them up and add qpdfview (w/ your patches) to my side-tag.

Ralf