On Tue, 2015-10-13 at 22:21 -0400, Dusty Mabe wrote:

> Does anyone have a good solution for this? Obviously it would be nice
> if ansible went to python3 but I think they have stated clearly that
> they are sticking with python2 for backwards compat with systems that
> still need 2.4.

FWIW, as this came up in the Server WG meeting this morning, we decided
to Do Something About It:

https://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/comps.git/commit/?id=4b9858ce8cabdec83bb78ab5f7af4c704278bdc2
https://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/spin-kickstarts.git/commit/?id=1d9ef5a9c1e148b979c68a1b510f6b007e652d93

I added a new package group - 'ansible-node' - which you can select to
ensure the system can be managed via ansible. I decided that the
definition of 'can be managed' is simply 'enough bits present that you
can install any additional bits you need in the obvious way' - so for
now the group simply includes 'python2-dnf'. But it means we have a
'result-based' mechanism for this so we can handle similar situations
in future through this package group, and it makes it visible in the
installer for interactive installs.

We *could* add a bunch of 'default' and/or 'optional' packages to the
group for commonly-needed stuff like the selinux support packages
needed for file operations, but I think for now I'd prefer to keep it
simple and only include packages necessary for the 'dnf' module to
work.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey