Hi,

On 11/27/2013 01:44 PM, Adrian Byszuk wrote:
> With the soc-mixxeo-ports23 bitstream I get something like this in console
>
> when connecting to port HDMI3:
> dvisampler1: PLL locked
> IDELAY busy timeout
> dvisampler1: delays calibrated
> dvisampler1: phase init OK
> dvisampler1: ph:   0    0    0 // charsync:000 [0 0 0] // WER:  0   0   0 //
> chansync:0 // res:0x0

Does it keep printing that (it should repeat at ~1Hz), or does it go
into the "disconnected" state immediately after?
You should not have the "IDELAY busy timeout" messages, and the numbers
should be non-zero. Also WER=0 means either no transmission errors
(which is unlikely since the delay calibration failed) or no data at all
(signal lines completely idle). Have you checked the TMDS signals for
short circuits, possibly coming from the TVS solders?

> BUT, I think that with soc-mixxeo.bit bitstream SoC hangs soon after loading
> netboot firmware
> because with the ports23 bitstream I can see a continous output stream on
> console:
>       read: 3008Mbps  write:    0Mbps  all: 3008Mbps
> also, LED2 is blinking with ~1Hz frequency.

Yes, you should keep seeing those messages on the console while the
firmware is running. LED2 is just the serial transmission indicator,
hardwired to the FTDI-chip.

> With the ports01 bistream console output freezes soon after loading netboot
> firmware,
> for example during
>       read: 3008Mbps  write:    0Mbps  all: 3008Mbps
> or
>       waiting for LOCKED...ok
> and LED2 stops blinking.

This is weird... Don't you see any other messages before the freeze?

Sebastien