Now it looks much better. I'm still not able to get EDID information (will look
into that),
but manually enabling HDMI output seems to work and I can see such output on
console:
dvisampler0: ph:   8   13    5 // charsync:111 [4 4 4] // WER:  0   0   0 //
chansync:1 // res:1024x768
dvisampler0: ph:   9   14    6 // charsync:111 [4 4 4] // WER:  0   0   0 //
chansync:1 // res:1024x768
dvisampler0: ph:   8   13    7 // charsync:111 [4 4 4] // WER:  0   0   0 //
chansync:1 // res:1024x768
dvisampler0: ph:   7   14    6 // charsync:111 [4 4 4] // WER:  0   0   0 //
chansync:1 // res:1024x768

I'll continue testing tomorrow.

Adrian