David Llewellyn-Jones wrote:

> I'm not fully clear on whether you're after debugging (e.g. using gdb)
> or logging output.

I need log output. Debugger might be a next stage, though in that case
wireshark and log output could help most. The problem is I want to find out
why it is stuck, but it ain't logging anything.

> For debugging, you should be able to connect gdb to the running process
> (as long as you know the pid) and can then access individual threads
> from there. Something like this:
>
> # ps ax -o "pid command" | grep msyncd
> 4500 /usr/bin/invoker -G -o -s --type=qt5 /usr/bin/msyncd
> 4504 /usr/bin/msyncd
> 13063 grep msyncd
>
> # gdb -p 4504
>
> (gdb) info threads
> Id   Target Id                  Frame
> * 1    LWP 4504 "msyncd"          0xe9bd2da4
> 2    LWP 4513 "QDBusConnection" 0xe9bd2da4
> 3    LWP 4527 "gmain"           0xe9bd2da4
> 4    LWP 4528 "dconf worker"    0xe9bd2da4
> 5    LWP 4529 "Qt bearer threa" 0xe9bd2da4
> 6    LWP 4531 "gdbus"           0xe9bd2da4
> (gdb)
>
> If it's the logging you're after, then the cheatsheet implies increasing
> logging for msyncd should also increase it for the plugins, so it might
> be worth trying something like this:
>
> devel-su -p
> systemctl --user stop msyncd
> MSYNCD_LOGGING_LEVEL=8 msyncd
>
> I didn't test this with OBEX though I'm afraid.

The thing is the OOP is started in a thread which runs the process, so until
I identify the process, it is already stuck

I start msyncd with EnvironmentFile=/etc/sysconfig/msyncd in the service
# cat /etc/sysconfig/msyncd
QTCONTACTS_SQLITE_TWCSA_TRACE=1
QTCONTACTS_SQLITE_TRACE=1
MSYNCD_LOGGING_LEVEL=128

This gives very detailed log, but for the OBEX OOP I see only "Starting
thread ..."

> One final point: I think these mailing lists are supposed to be on ice
> now, so people may not be following them so much. You might get a better
> response at forum.sailfishos.org.
>
> David

Really ? I was thinking forum.sailfishos.org is too new, cause no one
answered my question on another topic there. May be most of the people are
simply on vacation.

If you have an idea specifically about the thread, I'ld appreciate it.
Thanks anyway