"Harold L Hunt II" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> ...how would you do it, in 150 words or less?
>
> Seriously, I have been working on this for over a year and I would love to
> hear some of the ideas that people have because I am completely stumped on
> how to make such a clipboard manager work properly.

You really want a server extension (or you could do it in the
server, but that would prevent you from using existing client
code to retrieve the clipboard contents ... a non-trivial task.)
See discussion from:

 https://listman.redhat.com/pipermail/xdg-list/2002-November/000881.html

The extension discussed there will *not* be part of XFree86-4.3,
but is the right way of doing it and likely will make it in
at some future point.

> It would be nice if someone responded this time...

[ Hint, demanding a response is a really good way to discourage
  people from responding ]

Regard,s
                                        Owen