On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 10:27:44 +0530, Nitin Mahajan wrote:

> Hello Everyone!
>
> Iam writing a driver for 69030 card.
> I have to support CIF and QCIF formats.

WHICH 69030?  Surely you must realize that chip numbers are not unique
industry-wide.

If you are talking about the Asiliant 69030, are you aware that a Linux
driver already exists?  It is a renamed version of the old Chips &
Technologies 65550, which was supported in XFree86 3.x.

   http://www.humboldt.co.uk/matc.html

>1. The format says that a frame rate of 30fps is required for both.
>
>2.Each frame should have
>   a. 144 lines and 176 pixels/line for QCIF.
>   b. 288 lines and 352 pixels/line for CIF.
>
>Now my interpretation is that the second point above refers to the frame
>size and the driver implementation (video modes)has nothing to do with it.
>Is this interpretation of mine is correct?

I doubt it, but I'm confused by your mixing of graphics and video.  When you
say a "frame rate of 30fps is required", what are you talking about?  Do you
mean video coming in through the zoom video port?  Or are you talking about
ordinary software-decoded movies?  Tells us WHAT you have to support at
30fps, and perhaps we can offer suggestions.

>Second question is that, how do I achive the frame rate of 30fps?

30fps for what?

>I have
>programmed the BitBLT engine for the card,but that also puts only 64Kb data
>on screen in on shot,so always I need to divide the Image into 64KB parts.

Are you talking about system-memory-to-video-memory transfers?  I'm surprised
to hear there is a 64K limitation in any relatively modern graphics card.
Are you sure about that?

--
- Tim Roberts, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.