From: Egbert Eich [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, July 23, 2003 12:52 AM
To: Tim Roberts
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Driver for 69030

Yes, I'm sure the posting refers to a Chips&Technologies 69030. This is
already supported in 4.3, including video playback. Capture isn't
supported as I never had anything to test it with.

I would have replied to the original email if I had been able to
understand it better.

Egbert.

Tim Roberts writes:
 > On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 10:27:44 +0530, Nitin Mahajan wrote:
 > >
 > > Hello Everyone!
 > >
 > > Iam writing a driver for 69030 card.
 > > I have to support CIF and QCIF formats.
 >
 > WHICH 69030?  Surely you must realize that chip numbers are not
unique
 > industry-wide.
 >
 > If you are talking about the Asiliant 69030, are you aware that a
Linux
 > driver already exists?  It is a renamed version of the old Chips &
 > Technologies 65550, which was supported in XFree86 3.x.
 >
 >    http://www.humboldt.co.uk/matc.html
 >
 > >1. The format says that a frame rate of 30fps is required for both.
> >
 > >2.Each frame should have
 > >   a. 144 lines and 176 pixels/line for QCIF.
 > >   b. 288 lines and 352 pixels/line for CIF.
 > >
 > >Now my interpretation is that the second point above refers to the
frame  > >size and the driver implementation (video modes)has nothing to
do with it.  > >Is this interpretation of mine is correct?  >
 > I doubt it, but I'm confused by your mixing of graphics and video.
When you
 > say a "frame rate of 30fps is required", what are you talking about?
Do you
 > mean video coming in through the zoom video port?  Or are you talking
about
 > ordinary software-decoded movies?  Tells us WHAT you have to support
at
 > 30fps, and perhaps we can offer suggestions.
 >
 > >Second question is that, how do I achive the frame rate of 30fps?  >

 > 30fps for what?
 >
 > >I have
 > >programmed the BitBLT engine for the card,but that also puts only
64Kb data  > >on screen in on shot,so always I need to divide the Image
into 64KB parts.  >
 > Are you talking about system-memory-to-video-memory transfers?  I'm
surprised
 > to hear there is a 64K limitation in any relatively modern graphics
card.
 > Are you sure about that?
 >
 > --
 > - Tim Roberts, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 >   Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

Scanned by SecureSynergy VirusScreen Service.
For more information log on to : http://www.securesynergyonline.com or
http://www.securesynergy.com