> As to the distribution in question, one would need to examine the software
> in more detail to verify compliance with the GPL.
>
> As you can see here:
>
> http://youresale.com/products/yes_license_agreement.php
>
> they 1) inform their customers that the GPL applies to some included
> software components and 2) assert licensing restrictions which are
> incompatible with the GPL on the product as a whole.
>
> IANAL, so I won't comment on the legality of their operation (Mitel's
> lawters can ponder that question).
>
> As a free software developer, I can say that their operation does not
> comply with the spirit of free software development - they are attempting
> to limit distribution of the software to "genuine MaPs (Mom and Pop
> Store)", and they are sharing none of their own developments/modifications
> with you and me.

I am guilty of this - wholesale. SW Corporate products use GPL components
and don't breach the GPL but its a fine line. It really is. SmoothWall
corporate products take GPL code and make it proprietary. IF you had to do
an audit you'd find breaches now but its also an equation. Corporate
paying products fund GPL activities and the same for any company using GPL
code or OSI licenced code.

Charlie is exactly right.