Van: Mike Sensney [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Verzonden: maandag 29 december 2003 23:33
Aan: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Onderwerp: Re: [e-smith-devinfo] Is this alowed?

At 11:48 AM 12/29/2003, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > Sorry, my mistake. I was going to make a comment, but coffee arrived,
> and
> > I hit the wrong button.
>
>Just a quick comment to point out I was rather roundly trounced and then
>asked
>to not discuss this anymore on this dev-list the very last time such a
>topic
>came up.
>
>I guess it is "who" makes a comment more than "what is being said" that
>matters here.
>
>Sigh.....

No Bob. It was entirely what you were saying.

The Mitel people on this list answered your multiple email messages on
that thread the best they could and to considerable length. They said
that they believe Mitel to be in complete compliance with GPL.

They also requested that if you have further questions about GPL compliance

to contact the Mitel legal staff. This should have been the end of the
thread,
but you would not let it drop.

The odds of SME 6.0 unsupported's survival will be vastly improved if the
Mitel people decide to stick around and help us over the rough parts.
There is no obligation for them to do so. Whether or not they choose to
participate will in part be determined by how they are treated.

Your pressing this issue was at best not polite. At worst it was
threatening
the survival of SME 6.0 Unsupported by alienating the people who are most
knowledgeable about its internal structure.

As such I thought that thread should end.

Searchable archive at
http://www.mail-archive.com/devinfo%40lists.e-smith.org