On Monday 29 December 2003 06:29 pm, Jaap van Hemert wrote:
> Sorry for posting this topic,
> I'm rather new in this list and was only expecting a yes or no.

Well the answer to your orginal question is : yes.

Some others illuminated on this I suppose, I wasn't one of them. as I answered
in one sentence.

> Just from a user perspective SW and esmith are both great products with
> their pro's and con's.
> Without knowing anything of GPL, MaPs, OSI, ect... my gutfeeling says it's
> not right to do so. But I could be wrong.

If you are suggesting that sometimes companies do the wrong thing; yeah I
agree.

IF you are looking for another product that works well and is VERY similar to
the above products you could look into clark-connect. It is rock solid AND
comforms to GPL completely.

Perhaps that isn't much of an answer on the surface, but if you probe it a
bit, it should tell you what you need to know.

Very best regards;

Bob Finch