that you can run it over and over again. A default value will only be set if it isn't set already, and a force value wins all the time - so repeating the process is harmless.

Very good. Thanks Charlie. I was afraid that running this on a modified dbase would return it to the defaults -- very bad.

Another quick question for anyone:

What is the correct way to start a supervised service from within an RPM? For example: I create an rpm that installs a new service and then want to start said service. Is this done in the %POST script with /etc/rc.d/init.d/xxxx, svc -u /var/service/xxx, or something entirely different?

Thanks.

Greg

-- Please report bugs to [EMAIL PROTECTED] Please mail [EMAIL PROTECTED] (only) to discuss security issues Support for registered customers and partners to [EMAIL PROTECTED] To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Searchable archive at http://www.mail-archive.com/devinfo%40lists.e-smith.org