  From: Kevin & Natalia
  To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Monday, November 12, 2007 20:13 UTC
  Subject: [digitalradio] Digital Radio - Well Broadcast

  Hi All,

  Most likely a little off topic, but it is still to do with Digital Radio.

  With the advent of Digital TV, I am surprised that there has not been more
work done on the Broadcast side for normal radio.
  I would of thought that this would of been easier to implement and install,
don't have to send satellites up, could all be done on the ground.
  Maybe I am wrong, and this is already here, just that I don't see too much
mentioned about it.
  Maybe this group can help shed some light on it.

  Imagine the audio quality, being able to listen to the station you are on for
the whole trip, not having to change to a different station when you get out of
range.

  I do know there is some form of satellite radio in North America, but I have
not heard too many good words about it :(

  So, is there anything being developed, or are we still having to use old
analog AM & FM.

  Regards

  Kevin, ZL1KFM.

  Get Skype and call me for free.