From: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of "John Becker, WØJAB"
Sent: Monday, November 12, 2007 5:25 PM
To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [digitalradio] Digital Radio - Well Broadcast

This has been going on for over 25 years that I know of.
But I don't think it was digital. AM and FM radio had a
service for the blind that was a sub carrier. Sounds very
close to it.

At 06:29 PM 11/12/2007, you wrote:
>In the U.S. the FCC has approved a system called IBOC (In-Band On Channel)
to add digitial audio to existing AM and FM stations. In broadcast radio,
there isn't the luxury of unused channels that allow every station to have
one analog and one digital transmitter. I haven't seen any terrestrial
digital radio receivers in stores yet.