There are several broadcast stations in my local area that are
digital, one local shop sells receivers.  The content is fairly poor
at the moment, each stations carries their existing FM or medium wave
stations and then the extra channels are a syndicated radio service
offering themes like Jazz, rock, etc.  pretty bland stuff that is
exactly the same in each market.

Satellite service in North  Americanis quite goo, in my opinion.  The
digital signal is of good quality and reception with a small antenna
is very good across the continent.  Programming is quite varied , my
provider gives me BBC World Service, CBC, many really good alternative
music channels.

Andy.

--
Andy K3UK