From: Toby Burnett [mailto:ruff...@hebrides.net]
Sent: Thursday, June 11, 2009 8:29 AM
To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [digitalradio] Boot discs for emcomm/ham radio

I also would be interested as to booting windoze from a memory stick like a
live cd of Linux.

It takes so long for me to re install everything should I have a system wide
crash.  Just to get back back onto win XP pro I have to load XP home first
and then all of XP Pro.  With that and all the driver disks etc and whatever
else you loose in the process it can take a good day at least just to get
back to a blank windoze system with everything working.  My Laptop which I
just got (Vista)  gave the option to make a recovery disk set (4 DVD's!!!!!)
which took the best part of 4 - 5 hours to create. That's a lot of data even
for a memory stick and I dread the day I have to use them.