This is what sticks in my mind, as well.

While I'm not about to abandon personas entirely, I've skipped instead
to an "idealized user," which is an interpretation of the average
person under the following stressors:

1. Limited time
2. Background distraction
3. Partial knowledge

With the following human (or simian) traits:

1. Likes to forage
2. Needs affirmation
3. Learns best by example

Often, many extended use cases and personae can be replaced by this
user archetype.

--- Robert Barlow-Busch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> There's a real tension between the value of "character", created by
> the
> format of a persona -- and the "cuteness" of that very format.

http://technical-writing.dionysius.com/
technical writing | consulting | development

Be a better pen pal.
Text or chat with friends inside Yahoo! Mail. See how.
http://overview.mail.yahoo.com/