*** we interrupt this mailing list discussion for an important news bulletin
from your ACFUG board ***

Folks, pardon me using the discussion list but just in case any here are not
on the announcements list
(http://www.acfug.org/index.cfm?fa=mailinglists.info), this is important
info, and also I want to open the floor to more than what was said in the
announcement.

First, please note that we are NO LONGER MEETING AT THE MACQUARIUM. It's a
real shame, but we've lost our sponsor there (she left the company), and
while we thought we had arranged another sponsor there, that proved not to
be the case, as those who came to the July meeting so clearly learned. (See
the announcement for how we pleasantly dealt with the surprise.)

Second, this month's meeting (next Wednesday) will be held at the offices of
FusionLink, our host and the company of board member (and this month's
speaker) John Mason. Thanks, John! He has also graciously arranged to cover
the cost of parking in that building's underground lot. Even so, taking
Marta may be "smarta" to avoid traffic. :-)

More information on John's office location is at:

http://www.acfug.org/index.cfm?fa=home.meetinglocation&eventid=159

Finally, that is only a temporary location. We realize that most prefer not
to meet downtown, for various reasons (traffic, costs, etc.). Further, we've
found that most attending the meetings come from the north, or are at least
comfortable with heading north of the city, so the board has again been
investigating alternatives this past month and have some good propositions,
with more still to come.

If anyone knows any other facilities, drop me a note off-list (let's not
flood the list with such ideas, as we may get duplicates and indeed we may
have already looked into ones that would be recommended.) I don't mind
responding to each who writes me to let you know if your idea has already
been considered. Thanks for your patience.

/charlie
http://www.carehart.org/blog/client/