>  what we've done is to make a few tweaks and install syslog-ng....
I seriously considered that, but for the added 'complexity' and not
everyone on the team being on the same page, the most supportable
approach is simply increasing the sizes clog initializes its files to.

Some experimentation indicates that, although the displayed size in
bytes doesn't come out exactly, 2GB is indeed the limit.  There isn't
any overflow that I can tell, but something, whether it be the
signedness or something in init_log, is cutting things off there.

RB