On 2/1/2016 18:37, Matthias Klose wrote:
On 30.01.2016 00:29, Nathaniel Smith wrote:
Hi all,

I think this is ready for pronouncement now -- thanks to everyone for
all their feedback over the last few weeks!

I don't think so. I am biased because I'm the maintainer for Python in Debian/Ubuntu. So I would like to have some feedback from maintainers of Python in other Linux distributions (Nick, no, you're not one of these).

The proposal just takes some environment and declares that as a standard. So everybody wanting to supply these wheels basically has to use this environment. Without giving any details, without giving any advise how to produce such wheels in other environments. Without giving any hints how such wheels may be broken with newer environments. Without mentioning this is am64/i386 only. There might be more. Pretty please be specific about your environment. Have a look how the LSB specifies requirements on the runtime environment ... and then ask yourself why the lsb doesn't have any real value.

Matthias

I... Thought the environment this pep describes is the docker image, and only the docker image, and anything not made on that docker image is in violation of the pep.