On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 12:24 AM, Narayan Aras <narayana...@hotmail.com>wrote:

> There are many such products. Each has some feature that catches our eye.
>
> But such window-shopping won't be conclusive (especially when this is a
> group-decision).

> Let Michael have a fair shot at it and then let us decide.
>

> -Narayan

 We used to use O3Spaces at my job before switching to SharePoint (mainly
b/c SharePoint was just a better product). We used O3Spaces to coordinate,
develop, publish, and maintain our master documents (policies, procedures,
manuals, etc.) since it provided basically one-click document
check-in/check-out, joint editing, revision control, wiki-publishing, etc.
>From what I remember with OOoAuthors, once you downloaded a document, you
had to re-upload the same document. With O3Spaces, none of this was
necessary as the server handled all this for you in the background. It also
stored all the revision so reverting/merging revisions was a breeze and not
a manual process. I would think having a system that can do all of this
would be extremely beneficial to the production and maintenance of LibO
documents.

O3Spaces is commercial software so I know it's out of the question, but
Alfresco seemed to have a very similar feature set. I'm just curious if any
of these products were even considered instead of possibly reinventing the
wheel with Drupal.

Jeff