Felix Kühling wrote:
On Sun, 8 Dec 2002 14:24:58 +0100
Felix Kühling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,

as I reported earlier there seems to be a race condition in the Radeon
driver when state is emitted while the card is processing vertices. Now

Keith, I just read your other message. Ok, so let's call it "failure" ;-)

I narrowed it down to tex[0], tex[1] and tcl states that appear to
require 3D to be idle. Can someone with Radeon specs confirm this? Other

That's exactly what you asked for :). More precisely, if TCL was
disabled I had to wait before emitting texture changes. If TCL was
enabled it was enough to wait before emitting TCL state. But this may be
due to the order of state changes. If TCL state is always emitted before
texture state, then waiting before the TCL state will also ensure that
3D is idle before the texture state change.

Felix,

I've committed the first version for now, because
1) it's cleaner
2) it emits at most 1 wait per statechange
3) I'm not convinced that there are many statechanges that don't touch any of tcl, tex0 or tex1 -- ie I think the second version would emit a wait on *almost* every statechange.

If you want to narrow the lockup conditions down further, feel free & I'll commit the results.

Keith