Andreas Stenglein wrote:
Hello!
below some status-update about my radeon7500 ... (sadly no good news)

Am 2002.12.08 22:50:10 +0100 schrieb(en) Keith Whitwell:

Felix,

I've committed the first version for now, because
1) it's cleaner
2) it emits at most 1 wait per statechange
3) I'm not convinced that there are many statechanges that don't touch any of tcl, tex0 or tex1 -- ie I think the second version would emit a wait on *almost* every statechange.

If you want to narrow the lockup conditions down further, feel free & I'll commit the results.

Keith

Unfortunately even that didnt make "my" lockups with xmms
and two OpenGL-Visualisation-Plugins go away.
(LAVA and OpenGL Spectrum Analyzer)
I think any multi-threaded OpenGL-app should trigger "my"
bug if it draws enough (more than a cube).

disabling VTXFMT helps: no lockups anymore, everything works fine,
but I have to disable SSE, too,
otherwise I would get a sigfpe on my athlonXP1700+
Yes, theoretically the vtxfmt code should detect multithreaded situations and turn itself off.

The demos I have do this, but they are pretty simplistic.

Keith