Charl P. Botha wrote:
On Mon, Dec 09, 2002 at 09:56:50PM +0100, Andreas Stenglein wrote:

(LAVA and OpenGL Spectrum Analyzer)
I think any multi-threaded OpenGL-app should trigger "my"
bug if it draws enough (more than a cube).

disabling VTXFMT helps: no lockups anymore, everything works fine,
but I have to disable SSE, too,
otherwise I would get a sigfpe on my athlonXP1700+

FWIW, I get those SSE sigfpe's too with my Northwood P4 if I don't set
MESA_NO_SSE=1.
There's a fix for this in recent cvs:

	/* Mask out highest bit, which is used by AMD for 3dnow
         * Newer Intel have this bit set, but do not support 3dnow
 	 */
        AND_L   ( CONST(0X7FFFFFFF), EAX)

Keith