Hi!

Martin Ereth wrote:

> I read that dvbcut may be included at least in SUSE. To support this step it
> would be
> great when dvbcut is available in different languages.

Yep.

> But that can't be done in some minutes: At first dvbcut has to be
> internationalized
> (i18n) and then it can be localized (l10n).
>
> For the first step it is neccessary to add a _() around every string that
> should be
> translateable. There have to be some little changes in main.cpp, too. When
> the strings
> are marked, a tool (gettext) extracts all the strings, that should be
> translated in a
> separate file. (This step can be done in an hour or two.)

I'm quite familiar with the i18n process, as far as we're talking about
ordinary C/C++ code. Been there, done that.

What I *don't* know, on the other hand, is how you can internationalize
the Qt stuff. Many texts, in particular all the menu labels, are
currently specified inside the .ui files. I have absolutely no idea how
to add the _() there. Or if there's any other mechanism. Or if that
works with the standard (GNU) gettext. :(

[...]
> Please tell me, whether you like dvbcut to be translatable.
[...]

Well, yes, of course! I think we already spoke about that here. But I
didn't find a solution for the Qt/designer problem yet. I'm not familiar
with designer at all (in fact, I usually modify the .ui files with an
ordinary text editor).

--
Michael "Tired" Riepe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>