On Sun, Sep 20, 2009 at 01:37:06PM +0200, Olaf Dietsche wrote:
> Ralph Glasstetter <ralph.glasstet...@web.de> writes:
> > Of course it's better to see the destination frame before stepping...
> > maybe it's possible to change the stepping on the fly to the preset scroll
> > wheel steps when holding Alt/Shift/Ctrl?
>
> I don't understand, what you mean or how you imagine that feature.

I agree with Ralph, such a feature would be useful.

If you were to learn how to use this method of stepping, you'd also see
why ... it gives reasonably precise and reversible control compared to
moving the bar manually.

If the frame that was to be stepped to using Alt/Shift/Ctrl was visible
on screen, then I'd know by looking which to use, instead of only
guessing.

Also, there's the keyboard shortcuts ...

Left and right arrow, steps by a minute.
Alt left and right arrow, steps by 15 minutes.
Shift left and right arrow, steps by 24 frames.
Ctrl left and right arrow, steps by frame.

> My current dvbcut has an editable combobox instead of an edit field
> (with preset values for 1 frame, 1 sec, 10 sec, 1 min and 5 min).

I guess I haven't seen that yet for comparison.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/