And one that is entirely taken out of the air, I might add :o)
The argument (without stating it) is based on the idea that people would
sit on the gold and not use it, which is a weird idea if you ask me,
because people would still need eat and pay rent and gas and things.

Now, if we there was no way to earn interest on gold then it is unlikely
that people would deposit it anywhere - especially if a storage fee was
applied.

And that brings us back to the interest subject. Gold can't really be
inflated by more than what is taken out of the ground every year. Hence
the charging of interest would actually compliment the hoarding process
where in the end the bank goes bust because it owns all the gold on the
planet and can't lend it to anyone bacause debtors would need more gold to
pay the interest.

So, for a gold currency to really and truly work, one has to hammer the
laws of physics into the masses and make them see that gold can't be made
from thin air and hence, interest has to be outlawed ;o)

Cheers,
Robert.

budget & privacy website hosting
http://www.cyberica.net