Danny wrote:
And if your venture capital system is available as well, then I have all
possible choices, just in case I doesn't want to carry all the risk.

Exactly, if both options exist, it is likely that the VC option would over
time largely replace the commercial banking option in all fields
practicable, ie. there are likely to still be short-term loans of over a
month and under two years.

Trouble is, currently only one option exists in most countries and
although I don't owe anyone anything (other than gratitude, respect,
support, etc.) I still feel that I have to pay for the irresponsible
spending habits of others with high fees, etc.

Now, can I lend anyone money at 3% per month?:o)

Patrick, there is no caning for ursupery unless you cause bodily harm to
your debtors. Instead there is confiscation of what are deemed unjust
profits. So, essentially they won't even touch your property and you get
to keep your wealth. Only the interest revenues are forfeited.

The main item that Danny and you seem to ignore that in constructs
involving rent, etc. the ownership doesn't change until the item is fully
paid for and, possibly the most important item: There is nothing
resembling compounding interest.

The compounding interest is truly something for nothing. Even our loan
sharking side line, oops, i meant to say Microloan programme, doesn't go
that far to charge compounding interest. Instead we buy diary cows, sell
them at a profit two years later and give them to their future owner for
safe keeping in the meantime ;o)
Of course, in the meantime the safe keeper and future owner gets to milk
the beast but we still carry the risk that the four-legged wealth
producing device dies before ownership changes. That's why we charge a
service up front and the future owner is obliged to buy the carcass from
us. The two fees make up half the price of the cow, hence we share half
the risk. And double our money every 2 1/2 years if the cow survives and
the safe keeper pays up.
We invest in low cost housing as well ;o)

What shall I say? It works like a charm, everybody loves it, and all
parties profit. By the way, most of our clients would never qualify for a
loan.

Cheers,
Robert.

budget & privacy website hosting