good question!

Please post replies to the group - thanks!
My idea would be to watch for duplicate PO numbers, but that may not work for
you.

Linda Leckrone
Brain North America

Jake Balfour <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 04/06/2001 12:40:05 PM

Please respond to Jake Balfour <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

  To:          [EMAIL PROTECTED]

  cc:          (bcc: Linda Leckrone/GR/US/BRAIN)

  Subject      Possible Duplicate 850s: Verbal & EDI
  :

EDI-L'ers,

I have numerous customers that verbally call in an order, then follow up
with the same order through EDI.  I can't ignore all duplicates in the
system for there are instances where the EDI order is just an order with
the exact characteristics as another one.

My solution is to place the order on an exceptions report for review by
the account representative.  How do you handle this situation?

Thank you for your assistance.
--

Jake Balfour
Source Electronics Corporation