Yes I have the same issue with 2.5.1 as Stefanos has mentioned.

*From:* Stefanos E. Tsorakis [mailto:s.tsora...@frederick.ac.cy]
*Sent:* Wednesday, 23 April 2014 8:31 a.m.
*To:* efw-user@lists.sourceforge.net
*Subject:* Re: [Efw-user] Browsing slow & timeout

It reminds me the issue with Endian 2.5.1 had with HTTP Proxy enabled and
Contentfilter. Basically a badly configured Dansguardian causes the slow
internet connection and timeouts.

A restart of Endian usually fixes the problem until the next time you reach
the very low default values in Dansguardian and the problem occurs again.

Some people at the time downgraded one version where this problem did not
exist.

I have not personally tested it on later versions except 2.5.1 so I cannot
have an opinion