-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Julian, G4ILO
Sent: 13 April 2005 13:28
To: Elecraft List
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Potential Elecraft Kit

If Elecraft is going to get into making kits for more sophisticated test
equipment, I'd like to see an antenna analyzer. The MFJ ones are
ridiculously overpriced over here, and it's not practical to bypass
rip-off UK dealers and buy direct because MFJ levy a deliberately
inflated international shipping charge. Besides, I'm sure an Elecraft
product would be higher quality.

Julian, G4ILO
G4ILO's Shack: http://www.tech-pro.net/g4ilo

Stewart Baker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I built one of these simple spectrum analysers, and it works well within
it's
design spec, however I find that I don't use it. This is because of the Wide
Resolution Bandwidth, it is OK for harmonics and widely spaced spurious,
but for
in-close (<50kHz) measurements it does not cope.

With DDS and support chips now available at reasonable prices it should be
possible to produce a performance spectrum analyser (including good IF
filtering) at a modest cost. How about it Elecraft ?