May I suggest that people consider the N2PK Vector Network Analyzer.

So far, I think it is a better design and is cheaper.

Bob
N4HY

Larry Phipps wrote:

TAPR has a nice VNA project going, www.tapr.org... it was featured in a July/August QEX. They are also going to offer it assembled I think thru Ten-Tec. It does a lot more than an antenna analyzer to boot, but requires a computer so is not portable. It does all the complex impedance measurements, but since it has its own DDS signal source, it can also display gain/loss type measurements, differential phase and gain error, etc.

Larry N8LP

Julian, G4ILO wrote:

If Elecraft is going to get into making kits for more sophisticated test equipment, I'd like to see an antenna analyzer. The MFJ ones are ridiculously overpriced over here, and it's not practical to bypass rip-off UK dealers and buy direct because MFJ levy a deliberately inflated international shipping charge. Besides, I'm sure an Elecraft product would be higher quality.